Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Philips SBCHS900

I have yet to hear them but these are the information that I have been able to gather so far while searching for a KSC-35 equivalent/replacement.

Full sized (circumaural) similar to the Sony MDR-D66SL (aka eggos but slightly bigger), in terms of design & foldability. It's priced cheaper than the eggos & supposedly sounds better than the PX100/200, KSC50/55/35 & even V6 but mileage varies from person to person. In general the impressions so far are positive.

It's strenghts: Smooth treble extension, detailed, open sounding, emphasis in the mid and upper midrange (female vocals), warm & extended bass. Price!

Weakness: The build quality i.e. appears more fragile than the eggos. It offers little isolation eventhough it appears to be closed & leaks sound similarly like the eggos. Looks are debatable but I put it as a weakness as it doesn't suit my taste.

user posted image

Is this available in SG? If anyone knows, how much does it cost? Click on the Amazon search (will not work if you've got ad blocking & cookies not enabled) & see the other Philips headphones listed in the ' Customers who shopped for this item also shopped for:'. They hype begins...

i read quite a rave review bout them in Head Fi.

It cost USD$30 over there in retail shops.

Is it comparable to the 890?

I was hoping that someone can find out it's available in SG & maybe someone can pick up a pair (if it's cheap) & compare.

not to stray from topic.

Is the 890 good enough for home theatre/tv use?

comfort is very important

i'm a specky

I was hoping that someone can find out it's available in SG & maybe someone can pick up a pair (if it's cheap) & compare.

Will take a look and see if I can find them later when I'm in town

did not see this at Hung Bros when i was there today, did see somthing similar, it has the same egg shape and the blue plastic with the Philips name aslo same, but its foldable and also has noise cancellation headphone.gif

went there to try out the PX100 & 200, also tried the ATH-AD500 & the older (made in japan) AD10, end up buying the Koss porta pro instead rolleyes.gif

did not see this at Hung Bros when i was there today, did see somthing similar, it has the same egg shape and the blue plastic with the Philips name aslo same, but its foldable and also has noise cancellation headphone.gif

Could it be the SBCHS910:

user posted image

nope its not this no.gif

it has a conventional headband

does the SBCHS900 hav volume control? i think the noise cancellation is only an adaptor with 2 plugs that look like those for airplane. don't think i comes with the actual NC module cause only $99

the one i saw may actually be the SBCH900 N@Z yeah.gif

I have yet to hear them but these are the information that I have been able to gather so far while searching for a KSC-35 equivalent/replacement.

Full sized (circumaural) similar to the Sony MDR-D66SL (aka eggos but slightly bigger), in terms of design & foldability. It's priced cheaper than the eggos & supposedly sounds better than the PX100/200, KSC50/55/35 & even V6 but mileage varies from person to person. In general the impressions so far are positive.

It's strenghts: Smooth treble extension, detailed, open sounding, emphasis in the mid and upper midrange (female vocals), warm & extended bass. Price!

Weakness: The build quality i.e. appears more fragile than the eggos. It offers little isolation eventhough it appears to be closed & leaks sound similarly like the eggos. Looks are debatable but I put it as a weakness as it doesn't suit my taste.

user posted image

Is this available in SG? If anyone knows, how much does it cost? Click on the Amazon search (will not work if you've got ad blocking & cookies not enabled) & see the other Philips headphones listed in the ' Customers who shopped for this item also shopped for:'. They hype begins...

looks comfy like the 7506's... with the beyer velour pads...

sleep.gif found it N@Z

the one i saw was SBCHN100 noise cancellation headphone

it has the exect same shell as the SBCHS900 yes.gif

so if the NC cans only $99...i think the SBCHs900 should be cheaper headphone.gif

i'm guessing maybe $60-$70 happy.gif

The amazon user review mentioned about it being easy to break thot... but the foldable headband sure doesn't look really solid.

foldable also means portable rite?

but i think its a little too big to be portable, it does not hav a slim profile like other fodable/portable headphones

Q00, according to people who've used it the pad material is harder.

tropicalrips, thanks.