Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

Headphones? Loudspeakers?

Nothing new in terms of information. Even our youngest member in this forum can write a meatier and more in-depth article than this one. Now I wonder who this member is.....hmm...... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Mackie

biggrin.giflol.giflol.gif

Ok but this is something more "official" because people don't believe cordless are that bad.

And it gives a little insights to why to and not to choose headphones. (Basically people as rich as bill gates or so would prefer to have speakers since at the amount they can afford, the speakers should beat most, if not all headphones.)

Jokes aside, I wouldn't say the statements on any hifi magazine as "official" as there's always the business element which promotes a certain degree of bias. What matters most is the consumer has to make an effort to audition any audio equipment before commiting in a purchase.

On the issue of loudspeakers and headphones, I conclude the former is superior but both has their own caveats....more so for speakers setup than cans. In terms of simplicity, price, room space etc....headphone setups provide a good insight of what audiophilia and hi-fidelity is all about.

For all U know, Bill Gates might be using only cans as he's always expected to be on the move. headphone.gif To him, R-10s are what ear buds are to us. biggrin.gif

Edited by Mackie

*adopt snobbish look* bah... an article from a magazine is but an attempt to kiss all arses in one swoop... the average consumer learns nothing other but read what he could deduce himself...

The name of this magazine should be What Hi-Fi? Hang on that's their name. Hmmm...:-)

Just in case: think in terms of ambiguity in the name. You'll get the drift.

Edited by Rameish

wait, usually newbies who ask about cordless won't quite accept what we say, and still insist on getting cordless. So if we use this article, its something to support what we mean, and only then will these newbies think we make some sense.

I say let them buy the cordless headphones! Let them find out the hard way for ignoring us! rolleyes.gif

For all U know, Bill Gates might be using only cans as he's always expected to be on the move.  To him, R-10s are what ear buds are to us. 

Hm from what I know, Bill gates has the most state of the art theatre built in a concrete shell underground and it is a 400 seater (IIRC).